- 1 yellow squash, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 onion, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 jalapenos, chopped (if you don’t want the heat kick, leave them out)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 oz chobani Greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil, for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the veggies. Squeeze with a paper towl to get the excess moisture out.
- Add the flour, yogurt, walnut oil, milk, and seasonings, mashing and kneading it together until you get a nice uniform mixture.
- Preheat about ¼ inch oil in a skillet over medium heat. When the oil is ready, form patties out of the dough and add the patties to the skillet carefully. I cook mine 5-6 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy.
- When you remove the patties, place on a plate with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil. (I then put a slice of vegan cheese on it to start melting.)
I serve mine on whole –grain bread with hummus as a dressing, and either a side salad or pasta salad to go with. So delicious!!